Junior Worlds Report
A race is about paddling as fast as possible from A to B, but an event is much more than that, and the weather is one of the things that can compromise the experience unfortunately for the organizers and competitors Brandenburg was like that, great racing but not a great event due to the weather.
Our service was there to assist teams, with small repairs and also lending boats to teams as “cool” as Tahiti, Samoa, Seychelles, Tunisia and many others. It was great having you guys there!!
We are proud to be part of this sport, that year after year sees new countries jumping to the limelight and reaching awesome results.
For us it was specially rewarding to see Brasil winning the C1 200 and Kazakistan winning the C2 1000 (they won also C2 200/500), as a proof that our sport is spreading and new talents are all over the world.
Results translate the feeling we have of capturing the expectations of the young athletes in terms of design and performance.
1. Tom Liebscher gold in the K1 200 and K2 1000 (add to that the K1 500) was the most successful kayak paddler of this championships, together with his partner Max Rendschmidtthat also got 2nd in the K1 1000.
2. Josef Doztal won the K1 1000 in a very impressive way giving again indications that he will be one to watch in the next olympic cycle.
3. Spain won the K41000 Men and Bronze in the girls, impressive being the only nation winning medal in both K4’s, plus medal in both K1 200 and K2 200.
4. Brazil gold in C1 200, great effort! Isaquias also got 4th in the C1 1000! Rio 2016 here we go! 3 rd Place for Martin Fuksa, another talent to watch in the future from Czech.
5. Kazakistan 3 golds in C2! In fact Nelo won 8 of the 9 medals in C2.
6.Hungary K2 200 with Sandor Totka that also took a silver in the K1 200 was also one of the top paddlers of this championships.
7.Iulana Taran also retained her title in an impressive way in the K1 200.
8. Total of 8 golds in 12 possible and over 75% of the medals.
Now time to prepare what will be one of the biggest canoe events ever SZEGED 2011